Half of the 28 Parliamentary Secretaries (PS) are from Ontario. This reaffirms the Prime Minister’s efforts in recognizing that Ontario was important in attaining the majority government status.
Along with the majority appointments of PS positions going to Ontario based Members of Parliament, the majority of Cabinet positions are also from Ontario.
Of notable mention is the re-appointment of David Anderson as the Parliamentary Secretary for Natural Resources. He will be providing a sense of continuity on key issues such as the updating of the Nuclear Liability Act.
Also of interest are the appointments of ;
– Dean Del Mastro as PS to the Prime Minister
– Mike Lake PS to the Industry Minister
– Shelly Glover PS to the Minister of Finance
– Chris Alexander PS to the Minister of National Defense
– Michelle Rempel PS to the Minister of Environment